SMG Ice Crew Member in Cedar Park, Texas
The H-E-B Center at Cedar Park delivers fun, family entertainment including sports, concerts and other high energy, exciting events. Working at the H-E-B Center means being a part of the premier entertainment venue of the area, the place where people go to relax, have fun and meet friends.
The Part-Time Ice Crew Member will perform ice, event, and/or game operations as designated by the Operations Manager. These duties require working on slippery conditions. Duties will range from game operations, ice installs/removals, and assistance with intermission activities, concert changeovers, cleaning, and other general operations. Proper attire to be instructed by management. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, when required, along with a variety of alternating shifts.
The Ice Crew Member is responsible for preparing the arena for all games and other events; maintaining and setting up glass, stages, and dasher walls; possibly monitoring ice depth, machine maintenance requirements, log books, and operating equipment such as Zamboni, edger, light trucks, forklifts, etc. Possible concert change-over, and irregular hours.
This position is also responsible for the successful delivery of all aspects of the in-stadium maintenance services, in order to guarantee a spotless facility. Maintenance services include in-game and post-game cleaning of entire stadium- including stands, seats, locker rooms, public areas, rest room, maintenance, or any other duties designated by management.
Detailed Duties Include:
- Perform Ice maintenance, intermission activities, pre or post-event checklists, log books for all AHL games in the arena, as well as other events.
- Perform routine inventory and/or supply orders. Must provide appropriate documentation and "purchase request" paperwork.
- Maintaining a professional, safe physical environment, in order to prevent slips, trips, and falls of employees or visitors.
- Assist in other projects as assigned by management.
Experience / Education:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- 1 year of related maintenance and repair experience and/or event set-up and break-down in entertainment, sports, retail or other related industry is required.
- Strong preference for direct experience in mechanical repair, cooling or ice-making equipment and especially for experience working directly for an ice skating or ice hockey facility.
- Strong preference for direct experience operating equipment such as Zamboni, edger, light trucks, forklifts, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in mechanical repair, maintenance and assembly.
- Knowledge of event set-up and break-down in entertainment, sports, retail or other related industry.
- Licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to work as a team player and have good self-motivational skills.
- Customer-service oriented, have a fan-friendly attitude and professional appearance at all times;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules
- Ability to speak effectively to customers and other employees
- Ability to multi-task.
- Position requires the ability to use hands and fingers, walk, talk, hear and stand- must have awareness of the facility operations.
- Position requires carrying heavy equipment; moving, skating, and walking on ice; and climbing.
- Position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, sometimes repetitively, while bending or stooping, or on ice.
- Position requires the ability to climb and descend stairs at a normal pace, safely and repeatedly.
- Position requires the ability to crouch, crawl, climb, twist, bend and reach.
- The noise level during events may be very loud
- This position may be exposed to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, as well as outdoor weather patterns.
To Apply Click or Copy Link: http://bit.ly/2DAOvvN
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The company reserves the right to change or modify all job descriptions as needed. This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled