Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, Inc. Retail Team Leader-Cedar Park - (MK19710) in Cedar Park, Texas
JOB TITLE: Retail Team Leader
DIVISION: Donated Goods
REPORTS TO: General Manager and Assistant Manager
COMPANY: Established in 1958 Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce development one of the largest employers in our region and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail stores comprehensive business and staffing solutions and generous community support. Our ten-year vision is to transform the lives of 100000 Central Texans through work.
Work. Empower. Transform. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform their lives.
Assists management in the operation of the Goodwill retail store; this includes customer service recordkeeping cash management facility operation communications merchandising and inventory control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Assist the store manager with the overall operation of the retail store. 2. Ensure compliance with all GCT policies including but not limited to reporting theft or misuse of company property or other illegal activities. 3. Work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening production and closing operations including work on weekends and holidays. 4. Resolve customer complaints in fair and impartial matter referring all unsettled disputes to the store manager. 5. Supervise and train retail sales associates. 6. Assist in performing daily administrative/clerical functions of store operations and cash transactions. 7. Monitor sales transactions associated with purchases and ensure proper sales procedures are followed by sales associates. 8. Maintain general appearance of store and premises according to Goodwill standards 9. Maintain a professional appearance adhering to Goodwill uniform standards. 10. Complies with all store safety and security procedures. 11. Demonstrate ethical behavior and comply with Corporate Compliance Program. 12. Assist in line-level functions as needed (e.g. sales associate donation attendant). 13. Adhere to work schedule set by supervisor. 14. Meet mandatory yearly training requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the store manager with other store operations as needed (e.g. production).
- Make bank deposits.
- Open and close the store as necessary.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Responsible for the activities of Sales Associates in absence of the General Manager and Assistant Managers.
Responsible for supervising and training all or some of the following positions: Donation Attendant Merchandise Processor Sales Associate.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform simple math computations including percentages.
- Sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to differentiate between and classify items.
- Ability to bend and lift 30 pounds frequently.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours per 8-hour shift).
- Previous cashier experience.
- Basic working knowledge of computer applications and the internet.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to coach and direct employees.
- Adhere to work schedule set by supervisor.
- Previous experience working in a retail department store environment.
- Ability to gracefully adapt to periodic and rapid change.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
$10.00/hour depending on experience and qualifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color sex sexual orientation gender identity religion national origin disability veteran status age marital status pregnancy genetic information or other legally protected status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Requisition ID: MK19710
Job Title: Retail Team Leader-Cedar Park
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Post Date: 02/02/2018