Seton Medical Center Harker Heights Neonatal Nurse Practitioner in Harker Heights, Texas
Works in collaboration with a physician to assess the physical needs of newborn patients. Provides care for newborns and infants in a neonatal setting. Orders, interprets, and records results of clinical tests and reports results to physicians. Prescribes medications and makes recommendations for other therapeutic forms of treatment.
· Personal Effectiveness - Meets established timelines; follows through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, "can do" attitude
· Innovation and change - Looks for opportunities to improve processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new challenges
· Fostering Teamwork - Is open and honest in dealing with others, demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges facing department and helps the team to address them
· Quality Services - Delivers high quality services to internal and external customers, accepts responsibility and takes action to address quality issues, and helps operations & services respond to the needs of caregivers
· Integrity - Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
Monitoring specialized equipment, including incubators and ventilators
Providing education and support to patients' families regarding neonates
Dispensing medications under collaborative agreement with a physician
Performing diagnostic tests and other procedures, such as intubation and blood draws
Ensuring proper feeding and basic care
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Experience with patient safety best practices preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Demonstrated proficient communication skills.
· Completion of education to obtain Neonatal Nurse Practitioner- Master's Degree in Nursing
· Minimum of one (2) two years of experience in caring for Neonates, preferably in a Level II or Level III environment required.
· Licensed Nurse Practitioner with Texas Board of Nursing – OR – current home state license is required for multi-state license recognition through the Nurse Licensure Compact
· Certified Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
· BLS thru AHA (American Heart Association) required upon hire
· NRP required upon hire
· Must obtain STABLE within six months of hire