Seton Medical Center Harker Heights Staff RN - Cath Lab ***$10,000 Sign-On Bonus*** in Harker Heights, Texas
The Staff RN-Cath Lab is responsible for providing nursing care to the patient undergoing procedures. This process includes assessing the needs of each assigned patient and planning the nursing care needed to meet those needs. Once planned, the RN is responsible for assuring that the plan of care is carried out through his/her performance and leadership. Such services are provided while maintaining a clean and safe environment. In addition the RN in the Cath Lab will have validated orientation and competency in Pre and Post Cath Areas and provide services to the adult and geriatric age groups.
· Maintains effective communication with medical staff, administrative staff, nursing staff and other team members.
· Assists the organization in incorporating the guiding principles into its cardiovascular practice.
· Ascertains the delivery of patient care is provided in a personalized, professional and quality manner.
· Ascertains that Joint Commission, local, state and federal accrediting and licensing bodies' requirements are met.
· Ascertains that the delivery of patient care is compliant with the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
· Assists in the Quality Assurance / Improvement Program of Cardiovascular Services.
· Explains cardiovascular procedure to the patient and / or family member in a thorough and professional manner.
· Educates patient and / or family member on an on-going basis, documenting education on patient record.
· Performs assessments / data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, spiritual, cultural and age appropriate needs of the patient.
· Develops a realistic, comprehensive plan of care using appropriate resources. In collaboration with a multidisciplinary team
· Processes and evaluates physician orders in a timely manner. Clarifies discrepancies, notifies physician with abnormal / critical lab results.
· Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals regarding patient care. Notifies physician of changes in the patient's condition.
· Supervises and evaluates delivery of nursing care provided by healthcare team members.
· Provides nursing care for the patient to include the assessment, planning, implementation, management and evaluation of the patient within the standards of nursing care and operational guidelines.
· Administers medication demonstrating knowledge of medications, actions, interactions, dosage, side effects and contraindications. Abides by hospital policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates proficiency in IV therapy. Assesses peripheral sites within appropriate size to therapy ratio. Assesses need for central line use.
· Performs efficiently in emergency patient situations by remaining calm, informing appropriate individuals and documenting events.
· Maintains a constantly prepared environment.
· Serves as patient advocate and ensures patient autonomy.
· Documents appropriately on patient's medical record.
· Enters and retrieves patient information from the Cardiology Picture Archiving Communication System (CPACS) in a proficient manner.
· Enters and retrieves patient information from the Hospital Information System (HIS) in a proficient manner.
· Transports patients to and from Cardiovascular Laboratory ascertaining that the patient is relocated without injury or incident.
· Ascertains that the delivery of patient care and billing are compliant with the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
· Ascertains that patient charges are entered correctly.
· Performs stress electrocardiograms (treadmill and pharmacological).
· Maintains cardiovascular laboratory and work area in a clean and organized manner.
· Any other duty that may be assigned.
· Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
· Demonstrated proficient communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to operate office equipment including telephones, computers, copiers, etc.
· Demonstrated ability to operate medical equipment including contrast power injector, specialized nursing pumps and controllers, oxygen, defibrillators, crash cart, medication dispensing equipment, Cardiology Picture Archiving Communication System (CPACS), Hemodynamic Equipment, Electrophysiology Equipment, stretchers, wheel chairs, etc.
· Demonstrated ability to compile and present information in an organized manner.
· Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology. .
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
· Previous employment in a cardiovascular setting preferred. Must have a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
· Registered Nurse (RN) Licensure by the Texas State Board of Nursing Examiners.
· Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification required upon hire
· Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification required upon hire
· RN Licensure, BCLS and ACLS must be current at all times during employment. Failure to maintain RN Licensure, BCLS and ACLS status will result in termination of employment.