DynCorp International LLC. AH-64 QC Inspector II in KILLEEN, Texas
The Aircraft Mechanic III / QC Inspector II inspects the repair and modification of aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty.
- Plans, conducts, and supervises aircraft technical inspections.
- Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines.
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components.
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions.
- Applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
- Participates in maintenance test flights and operation checks as required.
- Ensures compliance with aircraft configuration control, oil analysis Program and test measuring diagnostic equipment calibration.
- Provides lower level technicians guidance in aircraft repair and technical inspection techniques and procedures according to directives, technical manuals, work standards and operational policies.
- Prepares evaluationsPerform other qualified duties as required.
- Develops and implements quality control and ground safety programs to ensure compliance with contract specifications
- Inspects and verifies proper completion and documentation of safety and flight discrepancies
- Must be able to lead small groups independently and provide oversite updates to the program leadership.
Perform other qualified duties as required. Knowledge & Skills
Broad working knowledge of aircraft maintenance, inspection techniques, FAA regulations, and technical publications.
- Working knowledge of aircraft safety requirements and how to operate portable firefighting equipment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts, and technical publications.
- Exceptional communication skills, leadership abilities, and personnel management skills are required.
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
- Able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
- Basic computer data entry skills required for use of maintenance and logistics databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Full working knowledge of the CNAFINST 4790.2 series
Experience & Education
Six (6) or more years recent experience in relevant aircraft/systems.
A&P License/FAA Certification preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 75 pounds.
- Work may be outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Will handle dirty parts and lubricants.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
May work in maintenance shop or outside.
Travel between work locations may be required.
Job: *Aviation / Support
Title: AH-64 QC Inspector II
Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-KILLEEN
Requisition ID: 1800659