Ingersoll Rand Engineering Manager in MCGREGOR, Texas
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This Engineering Manager will lead the Water-Source Heap Pump product engineering team engaged in developing world-class WSHP products.The chosen individual will own end-to-end new product development & manage a team of engineers and designers, reporting directly to him/her.You will work closely with cross-functional teams (across the globe) including Product Management, Supply Chain and Operations in achieving product share and margin growth objectives.This role requires focused project execution skills and the ability to leverage the Ingersoll Rand Business Operating System (BOS) and global support teams and will have responsibility to grow & engage team members in his/her department.We require an effective communicator, capable of developing and engaging team members, interfacing directly with peers and leaders throughout the organization.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Engineering leadership for WSHP Product Growth Team.
- Identify and manage technology and capability requirements to fulfill long-range strategy.
- Drive completion of projects from concept through production that meet the required standards and the intended market specifications.
- Drive standard work that supports modular product architecture and re-use across Unitary HVAC product platforms.
- Manage team of engineers for successful completion of NPD, VAVE & Sustaining projects using IR Product Development Process (IRPDP).
- Keep team motivated, engaged & highly-productive. Conduct regular team meetings & technical review meetings for the activities assigned to his/her group.Have overall responsibility for the development of the team.
Minimum * Qualifications: *
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and at least 10 years of engineering and/or product development experience is required.
- At least 2 years of supervisory or people management experience is required.
- Master’s Degree in Business or Engineering is a plus.
- Design & development or application experience in Water-Source Heat Pump products.
- Experience with refrigeration design and sheet metal design fundamentals.
- Strong in engineering fundamentals.
- Exposed to DFSS tools with expertise in DFMEA, DFM & Reliability tools.
- Strong project management skills and conversant with MS Project.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Experience working with global Engineering teams.
- Motivated, commitment to excellence and highly-ethical.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: MCGREGOR-Texas
Shift: Day Job
Posting: May 17, 2018, 8:20:58 AM