Baylor Scott & White Health Lead Central Sterile Processing Tech Day Job in Pflugerville, Texas
The Baylor Scott & White Health Central Sterile Lead Technician is responsible for the allocation and completion of assigned functions for the surgical/instrument techs daily work in the Central Sterile Department. The Baylor Scott & White Health Central Sterile Lead Technician completes sterilization, assembles and packages specialty instrument trays for procedures to ensure all instruments are clean, decontaminated and stocked to maintain a safe patient environment. Responsibilities include:
• Coordination of restock and exchange of equipment deemed to be the responsibility of Central Sterile Department
• Coordinates sterilization schedule to meet the daily OR needs
• Oversees Instrument Processing and Surgical Technicians' workload to ensure the needs of the next business day instrument list are met and instruments are available for all surgical cases
• Collects, reads and documents "biological" tests to ensure functionality of sterilizing equipment
• Assists with training for Instrument Processing Technicians to ensure staff is properly trained and coordinates orientation process of new employees
The ideal Central Sterile Lead Technician will possess excellent verbal/written communication, time management and ability to meet deadlines, medical terminology, MS Office required. Self-starter with ability to work independently required.
• Location/Facility Baylor Scott and White Medical Center- Pflugerville, TX.
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
• Specialty/Department/Practice Sterile Processing
• Shift/Schedule Full-time, Day job
• Benefits Our competitive benefits package includes*:
• Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
• 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
• Tuition Reimbursement
• PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
• High School Diploma
• Certified Surgical Technician
• 4+ years' experience
As a health care system committed to improving the health of those we serve, we are asking our employees to model the same behaviors that we promote to our patients. As of January 1, 2012, Baylor Scott & White Health no longer hires individuals who use nicotine products.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.