Baylor Scott & White Health Nurse Manager - Support Services in Round Rock, Texas
The Manager of Nursing I provides leadership and management to all nursing, personnel and ancillary personnel within an assigned area or units in a clinical setting. Our Manager of Nursing I manages all clinical functions and operations of the assigned area or units to include quality management, personnel management, fiscal management, management and improvement of processes.
• Manages and directs the operations and delivery of patient care within budgetary, staffing and regulatory guidelines, using evidence based practice.
• Identifies clinical operational needs; manages appropriate level of equipment and supplies and monitors equipment maintenance. Assesses the environment and make recommendations to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety and compliance with various regulatory bodies such as OSHA, and JCAHO and clinical policies and procedures.
• Collaborates in the development, implementation and expansion of learning opportunities and skill development for all staff. Analyzes, develops and maintains an effective and efficient nursing care delivery system that reflects patient and family needs across the continuum to achieve desired outcomes.
• Promotes education for patients, patient families and the community; participates in direct patient care activities as a targeted strategy for role modeling or information gathering.
• Participates in planning, preparing, and prioritizing of budgets for assigned areas of responsibility. Monitors compliance, investigates variances and provides plans for remediation.
The ideal Nursing Manager I will have excellent interpersonal, leadership and management skills. The ideal Nursing Manager I will also possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Location/Facility Round Rock Hospital
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
• Specialty/Department/Practice Support Services
• Shift/Schedule Full-time, Day shift
• Benefits Our competitive benefits package includes*:
• Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
• 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
• Tuition Reimbursement
• PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
• Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) required
• Registered Nurse (RN) license required
• 2+ years of experience required
• Basic Life Support (BLS) required
As a health care system committed to improving the health of those we serve, we are asking our employees to model the same behaviors that we promote to our patients. As of January 1, 2012, Baylor Scott & White Health no longer hires individuals who use nicotine products.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.