Dell Specialist 3, Inside Product (17000LFH) in Round Rock, Texas
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Responsible for selling a defined set of products and services. Provides technical advice to the inside sales teams during the sales process. Accountable for delivering technical solutions, products, and /or services that address customer needs of varying complexity (via telephone, chat, web, or e-mail); or working with subject matter expert to address a solution of even higher complexity.
- Provides product or BU specific expertise.
- May own account sets and/ or be called into accounts as opportunities are identified.
- Acts as a technical resource to support the sales organization to meet and/or exceed their objectives.
- Identifies customer needs/ requirements, and recommends the appropriate products and solutions.
- Provides pre-sales technical support during the sales process
- Remains up-to-date on new product, technology, and services offerings.
- Stays current on industry and vertical solutions as well. Assists in the on-going technical education and development of the broader team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities - Uses thought leadership to build customer relationships and assist customers in developing business solutions using Dell products and services. - Coaches others in closing complex deals and assists others in keeping up-to-date on Dells technology, products, and services. - Exhibits a broad base knowledge of multiple or related industries as well as an acute business understanding. - Organizes internal/external resources in response to customer needs. - Articulates how the Dell business model relates to selling Dell products and services. - Works with minimal direction. - Work is guided by sales objectives.- Manages multiple assignments and customer sales. - Independently determines approach to sales activities.
- Anticipates and prevents potential problems.
- Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with functional or customer objectives.
- Provides guidance, direction and subject matter expertise to lower level representatives.
- Updates management on sales activities and achievement of objectives.
- Devises new approaches/methods to selling Dell products and services.
- Uses leadership skills to build relationships and assist customers in developing business solutions using Dell products and services.
- Assumes leadership role in keeping sales teams and customer accounts up to date on Dells specialized products and services.
- Encourages others to stay up-to-date in their knowledge of what is going on in Dell, and in relevant industries.
- Develops relations with key vendors to better position industry technology within Dell solutions.
- Coaches and supports others in resolving complex, high risk customer issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree, technical college or some college course work preferred.