Baylor Scott & White Health Insurance Verification Specialist I Job Temple in Temple, Texas
The Baylor Scott & White Health Insurance Verification Specialist I provides patients, physicians, and internal hospital personnel with information regarding insurance benefit information. Our Insurance Verification Specialist I ensures timely verification of insurance benefits and financial clearance when applicable for patient accounts that are scheduled and/or unscheduled.
Other responsibilities include:
• Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and ensures all notifications and authorizations are
completed within the required time frames
• Obtains appropriate Referrals
• Completes appropriate payor forms related to notification
• Communicates with Utilization Review
• Calculates Patient Financial Responsibility
• Documents in appropriate systems to assure correct reimbursement
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette with patients, physician office and facility staff.
• High School Diploma
• 1 year experience
As a health care system committed to improving the health of those we serve, we are asking our employees to model the same behaviors that we promote to our patients. As of January 1, 2012, Baylor Scott & White Health no longer hires individuals who use nicotine products.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.