Baylor Scott & White Health Phlebotomist I in Temple, Texas
Baylor Scott & White Health laboratory is hiring, Phlebotomist I.
Our Phlebotomist I greets patients, collects specimens and processes specimens for appropriate tests ordered. The Phlebotomist I also performs clerical duties including; preparing files and reports, monitor and replenishes supplies and maintains work areas. In addition, the Phlebotomist I will perform the following:
• Performs blood donor screening, collections and preparation of blood components to help ensure that an adequate supply of blood is available at all times.
• Screens blood donors and draws their blood for the making of components to ensure an adequate supply
• Qualifies prospective blood donors by accurately taking vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse and temperature, and testing for hematocrit accurately and professionally.
• Assisting with inventorying the blood bank supplies on a weekly basis, and lets the Donor Center Supervisor know immediately of any needed supplies and/or any defective equipment.
• Contacts donors by phone, using the donor call lists, as needed to maintain the proper inventory levels, employs polite, concise and clear language in doing so.
The ideal Phlebotomist I applicants possess experience in customer service, excellent communication skills, written and verbal, is punctual, dependable, detailed oriented and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Location/Facility Temple ,TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
• Specialty/Department/Practice PHlebotomy
• Shift/Schedule FT Nights
• Benefits Our competitive benefits package includes*:
• Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
• 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
• Tuition Reimbursement
• PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
• High School Diploma/GED required
• 3 months of experience preferred, but not required
As a health care system committed to improving the health of those we serve, we are asking our employees to model the same behaviors that we promote to our patients. As of January 1, 2012, Baylor Scott & White Health no longer hires individuals who use nicotine products.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.