Heart of Texas Region MHMR Center Caseworker I or II 1880 in Waco, Texas
School Based Case Manager for Klaras Center for Families work with Mental Health staff and works directly with children and their families, as well as, community resources. This position will be primarily in the school setting providing routine evaluation, consultation and intervention, with children a/adolescents, and their families who are in the core services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
School Based Case Manager will participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive case management services in the school setting. Case manager will work closely with a Licensed Counselor (LPC, LCSW) to provide services to identified clients on a particular campus. In conjunction with the counselor, the case manager will work to develop and enhance relationships between mental health providers, school personnel, clients and their families. Case manager will provide individual, group and/or family skills training as needed.
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Local travel 30% to consumer homes, school, and other community settings
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting 15 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and SAMA certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required. 30% local travel
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in social work, psychology or related health services field
- 1 year case management experience* preferred *
Hours: M-F 8
Salary: $13.8654-$16.7769 HOURLY/$28,840-$34,896 ANNUALLY DOQ
Location: Klaras Center for Families
Department: Klaras Center for Families