Heart of Texas Region MHMR Center Clinical Assistant 1889 in Waco, Texas
The clinical assistant will be responsible for performing complex administrative and/or technical program assistance work including direct client contact unique to particular function within the agency. Work involves the application of knowledge and independent judgment in the implementation, application and monitoring of complex rules and standards and the assurance of compliance with them. Works under the general supervision of an administrative superior, and is allowed considerable discretion in planning and arranging work according to standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication with clients, employees, and external agencies
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and fax/scan/copy
- Including but not limited to: receiving and distributing mail, filing, answering a multi-lined telephone system, taking messages, delivering messages, maintaining appointment schedules, and writing.
- Conducts initial Financial Assessments for consumers seeking services and enters into Center's Financial Assessment software. Ensures phone numbers and addresses are updated in the CABS system and FA database.
- Prepares vouchers and purchase orders for supplies, for case workers, etc.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintain record keeping system.
- Must display excellent organizational skills and time management
- 10% local travel
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods and lifting 30 pounds
- Ability to be SAMA and CPR certified
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and ability export reports to excel
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of clerical experience in professional office or similar setting
Hours: 8AM-5PM M-F
Salary: $23,000 annually/$11.0577 hourly
Location: 2010 LaSalle Ste A, Waco, Texas 76701
Department: Veterans One Stop