Palm Harbor Homes Electrician in Waco, Texas
Cavco Industries, Inc., was founded in 1965 and is a fast growing publicly traded company that is disrupting the manufactured home industry. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Cavco is a leading designer and builder of manufactured homes, modular homes, commercial buildings, park model RV’s, and vacation cabins. We produce and sell some of the most widely recognized brand names in the industry including Fleetwood Homes, Palm Harbor Homes, Fairmont Homes, Friendship Homes, Lexington Homes and Cavco Homes. The company’s insurance group, Standard Casualty, offers a wide range of insurance products for manufactured home owners and our finance subsidiary, Country Place Mortgage, offers a variety of homebuyer financing options. Our production footprint includes 20 manufactured and modular home factories across the U.S. We conduct business through more than 40 company-owned sales centers in addition to a vast network of independent retailers, community operators, builders and developers in 47 states, 6 Canadian provinces as well as Mexico and Japan.
In recognition of its innovation, quality, customer service, and long term stability, Cavco Industries was awarded the prestigious MHI Manufacturer of the Year Award for 7 consecutive years. We don’t settle for the “status quo” and continually strive for excellence.
Our employees are our biggest asset and play an integral role in meeting the needs of our customers. Come be part of a team offering many opportunities to utilize your talents in an atmosphere that supports and encourages you to realize your full potential.
Come share our story and be part of building something amazing!
We are currently looking for an Electrician to work in our Waco, TX Plant. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
What is in it for you?
- Weekly Competitive Pay
- Weekly Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (Full Time positions only)
- Opportunity for advancement
- Being valued for what you contribute to the team
- Works in a safe manner and follows all safety policies while performing job duties
- Maintains work area is kept clean and organized
- Follows work orders and instructions on correct assembly of building components
- Maintains open communication with supervisor regarding safety concerns
- Measure/ cut wiring to length, strip wires and compress wiring into devices as needed
- Prepare wiring and assemble and mount breaker box
- Transfer and position end and side walls onto housing unit
- Transfer walls to area on unit
- Secure walls to the housing floor
- Apply straps on outside of unit
- Install shear wall bolts underneath
- Retrieve and install pulldown bars
- Strip and place wiring for Amp Connectors
- Drill holes in floor to access wiring
- Prepare framing for wiring and install wiring/receptacles
- Route studs for receptacles and switches
- Pull and connect wires through exterior
- Apply smash plates
- Assemble underbelly receptacles
- Prepare walls and install interior wiring of housing unit
- Prepare and install Leno sheets, transfer and secure end walls to side wall
- Performs various other job duties as assigned and needed
- Maintain a good attendance record as it is critical for success
- Demonstrate a good work ethic based on principles of honesty and integrity
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks
- Skilled to handle and use these items: wiring, assorted hand tools, parts box, connectors, breaker box, walls, hoist, straps, fasteners, pull down bar, receptacles, smash plates, Leno sheets
- Knowledge of electrical circuits, wiring and operating principles of motors
- Flexible to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Work with a safety conscious outlook
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Not afraid to get dirty and handle tools/equipment on a daily basis
- Ability to be trained and take direction
- Ability to work in a team with others
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
Cavco Industries is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Requisition Number: 18-0050
Post Date: 5/18/2018